Saturday, April 14, 2012

Back in the game....

Ok...so it's been a long, long time since I've posted anything. Honestly-I'm not really the blogging type. However, since we recently picked up and moved (again) far away from most of our family I decided to give it another try so we can keep friends and family up to date on all of the exciting things happening in our lives right now. I'll do my best....but not making any promises ;) So here are just a few things that have happened in the last few months. This is probably going to be a long post, so bear with me!
In December I finally accomplished one of my long-time goals and graduated from nursing school! I am so excited to be finished with 2 years of craziness and can't wait to start my career doing something that I love so much! I will always be grateful for the amazing support I had from my family and friends so that I could reach this goal. Whether it was being patient with me when I was freaking out about something or friends who were just understanding when they hadn't heard from me for months....I appreciate it all. I feel blessed to have made it through such a strenuous program.
About a week after I graduated, we found out I am pregnant. We were pretty much ecstatic because we had been trying for a while with no luck. But I really believe it was meant to happen when it did. Today I am 22 weeks exactly and our litte girl is expected to arrive on August 18th. She already has Kenny wrapped around her finger. We can't wait to meet her :)
His first order of business when he found out it was a girl.
21 wks, 1 day
Starting in January, Kenny started to hear from and interview at several different schools for their Doctorate of Physical Therapy(DPT) programs. It was a long and stressful 2 months as we waited to find out if he had been accepted and where we would be spending the next 3 years of our lives. He ended up getting into 5 different schools....which we've been told is pretty much unheard of these days because it's such a competitive field right now. He decided on the program at Franklin Pierce University in Arizona. I am so proud of all of the hard work he had done to get to this point and so excited he is finally going to start doing what he loves!
So....when he decided on Arizona we started packing. Kenny doesn't start school until August but we wanted to find a doctor and get settled sooner rather than later. Before we headed out our roomate (and one of our favorite people) Kristina threw a going-away party for us. It was really fun to get one last chance to see everyone before we left but bittersweet to have to say goodbye. We have so many good friends and memories there. It will always be home to me, but we are so excited for everything that is ahead of us though and can't wait to see what our future has in store for us.

No comments: